Leadership Jefferson County
Building Relationships for the Future of Our Community
Leadership Jefferson County is an initiative of the Envision Jefferson County project. Through community conversations and surveys, the Envision team narrowed the input to six initiatives. Leadership Jefferson County is an action project of Initiative #5: Building a Positive Community Through Collaboration & Leadership.
Connecting Community Leaders
Leadership Jefferson County class members participate in 10 bi-weekly sessions. Local community leaders and experts lead each session and cover many topics relevant to our county and how they connect. This is a great opportunity for our participants to network with other community members and see where their skills and passions lie. A recognition luncheon is held at the end of the term to celebrate the participants.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Business & Economics
- Government Agencies & Organizations
- Industry & Economic Development
- Nonprofits & Volunteerism
- Social Services
Participants of Leadership Jefferson County will:
- Have a better understanding of resources & relationships within the community
- Become more active in the community
- Have a better understanding of leadership roles in the community
- Have an increase in community pride
- Understand where to channel leadership energies
2023 Leadership Jefferson County Steering Committee
- Marta Belt – Chair
Ivy Tech Community College
- Rob Barlow
Barlow Law Office
- Bill Barnes
Community Foundation of Madison & Jefferson County
- Nadja Boone
Norton King’s Daughters’ Health
- Kim Brant
- Andrew Forrester
- Richard Ice
Madison Area Chamber of Commerce
- Margo Olson
River Valley Resources
- Greg Schneider
Ivy Tech Community College
- Jessica Spiess
Historic Madison, Inc.
- Larry Truax
Grote Industries (ret.)
Applications are now open to join the Leadership Jefferson County Class of 2023! Sessions will be held from 8am-1pm, with lunch served. Materials and refreshments will be provided.
Enrollment Fee: $250
Click the button to the right to start your application today!
Past Class Graduates
- Susan Cline – First Financial Bank
- Jennifer Duncan – Norton King’s Daughters’ Health
- Haley Elgin – Fusion Now
- Brandy Ennulat-Shipp – Norton King’s Daughters’ Health
- Shannon Gatke – Indiana-Kentucky Electric Corp.
- Jonathan Louis – Edward Jones Investments
- Julie Patterson – Stay-at-home Mom/Community Activist
- Greg Schneider – Ivy Tech Community College Madison
- Hannah Shaffer – VisitMadison, Inc.
- Austin Sims – Madison Main Street Program
- Jessica Spiess – Historic Madison, Inc.
- Kimberly Taylor – Friendship State Bank
- Sarah Wagner – Madison Precision Products
- Veronica Watson – Ohio Valley Opportunities, Inc.
- Amy Arbuckle – Madison Precision Products
- Angie Burch – Industrial Supply Company
- Jen Duplaga – Hanover College
- Casey Goode – Madison Railroad
- Courtney Gullion-Althoff – Ivy Tech Community College Madison
- Keith Howard – Healthy Communities Initiative of Jefferson County
- Jenn Mahoney – German American Bank
- Amy Nevils – Madison Precision Products
- Samantha Pierce – Habitat for Humanity of Jefferson County
- Nicholas Schafer – Edward Jones Investments
- Julie Webster – Grote Industries
- Teresa Brawner – Brawner Farms
- Kaitlyn Campbell – King’s Daughters’ Health
- Sheila Coffin – Jefferson County United Way
- Amber Finnegan – Jefferson County Court Services
- Joyce Flanagan – Hanover College
- Josh Hershberger – Hershberger Law Office
- Beth Lichlyter – SuperATV
- Angie Pelsor – First Financial Bank
- Cesar Perez-Bolivar – Grote Industries
- Jason Schafer – Indiana-Kentucky Electrip Corp.
- Jeff Studebaker – Madison Consolidated School Corp.
- Laura Watson – Madison Precision Products
- Brad Wood – River Valley Resources
- Brooke Canter – Indiana-Kentucky Electric Corp.
- David Harden – Hanover College
- Missy Holt – King’s Daughters’ Health
- Cheryl Kersey – Kersey & Kersey Architects
- Erin Lawrence – River Valley Resources
- Chris Mattern – Madison Precision Products
- Sue Melton – Centerstone
- Victoria Perry – Madison Main Street Program
- Brandi Poling – Lide White Boys & Girls Club
- Rosie Rohmann – WorkOne Southeast
- Melissa Shelton – German American Bank
- Doug Spiller – Vehicle Service Group
- Shannon Tilley – Ivy Tech Community College
- Stephanie Withered – First Financial Bank