Growing Your Gift
Invested to Make an Impact on the Community
Your gift to the Community Foundation is one that will grow forever thanks to the thoughtful stewardship and management of investments by our Board of Directors, Finance & Investment Committee, and the investment consulting firm, Mason Investment Advisory Services.
Our Finance & Investment Committee is comprised of local volunteers with expertise in the areas of finance and investing. They advise our Board of Directors on investment policy and management. The Foundation’s investments are spread over a variety of stocks and bonds, working to maximize returns within reasonable and prudent levels of risk. Mason Investment Advisory Services provides technical fiscal oversight of the investments.
The Growth of Your Gift
- Your gift is pooled with endowed assets but accounted for separately
- Our Investment Committee and Board of Directors guide our hired Investment Manager
- All funds share investment costs – currently around .30% annually
- The targeted annual return on investments is 7.5%
- Each year, the Board of Directors will determine what percentage of the fund’s 16-quarter average will be distributed – typically 4%
- Funds are required to be in place for 4 quarters and show growth before grants or scholarships are awarded
- A severe economic downturn could reduce the grant spending percentage or result in grants not being made from certain funds
- The Board of Directors does have the right to use the historic gift value/principal for grant making according to the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA)
About Mason Investment Advisory Services
CFMJC has been working with Mason Investment Advisory Services since 2015. Our Finance & Investment Committee meets with our advisor quarterly to be updated on market conditions, investment returns, and best practices. In 2021, we saw our endowed assets grow by 19.83% with their services.
You can learn more about Mason Investment Advisory Services here.