COMMUNITY FOUNDATION NOW ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR 2022
Jefferson County, Indiana high school students encouraged to apply
MADISON, IN –The Community Foundation of Madison and Jefferson County (CFMJC) scholarship applications for the Class of 2022 are now open. Online applications will be accepted until Friday, January 28, 2022, at Noon. This past spring, the Community Foundation awarded nearly $160,000 to the Class of 2021 in Jefferson County.
To apply, students must create a profile and complete the online application available at https://cfmjcscholarships.communityforce.com/. From the application listing, students will select the application for the school they attend.
“We are fortunate to have so many generous donors interested in helping Jefferson County students reach the next level of their educational goals,” said CFMJC Program Associate Julie Wells, who oversees the Scholarship process. Wells shared some tips to help students put their “best food forward” as they apply for scholarships:
• Don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application. Many scholarships require items to be submitted on your behalf by teachers, counselors, etc. before the deadline.
• Read and follow ALL instructions.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible in order to upload the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) page of the report to be eligible for scholarships considering Financial Need.
• Personally contact teachers, employers, etc. from whom you would like a letter of recommendation and ask them if they would submit a letter on your behalf.
• Contact the Community Foundation staff members if you experience technical issues prior to the application deadline date.
The Community Foundation has published its 2021-2022 Scholarship Guidebook, which is available in Guidance Counselors’ offices and on the Foundation’s Scholarship page of their website. This guidebook includes all the scholarships available to the Class of 2022, as well as Frequently Asked Questions and other resources.
Established in 1991, the Community Foundation of Madison and Jefferson County fulfills the mission of building a strong, vibrant community by helping donors provide perpetual funding for the people, projects, and passions of Jefferson County.